With the craft beer movement continuing to grow with approximately 6,372 breweries in the United States to date, chances are your town now has at least one or two opening in the next few months. These businesses have different needs than many small startups and that can cause issues if inadequately covered.
Liquor liability, off premise events and spoilage are not covered under traditional business owner's policies, but are something that could end the dream of a brewery before they really get off the ground. Employment practices coverage has become a growing need for this industry as it experiences rampant growth.
Whether you have a new one barrel brewery down the road, or the next international beverage producer, let Grand General help find the coverages they need most.
If you live in a climate where you've been eagerly awaiting a spring thaw, you know that after the sound of returning birds comes the sound of returning construction. With the thud of hammers and whir of saws, comes the need for builder's risk insurance and some of your clients may be contacting you about their latest project.
This unique form of insurance covers a building or area that is in process of construction. Builder's Risk is not limited to the structure being constructed, but the materials that may be awaiting use, vandalism, and a host of other potential loss events. While the cost of this coverage may add a little bit to a project's cost, the cost of not having the coverage when it's really needed will far exceed the expense of the policy.
So as construction season swings into high gear, consider the contractor contacting you and help them protect both their reputation as well as their balance sheet and don't forget the builder's risk. Ask Grand General - we'd be happy to help you find the perfect fit builder's risk policy.
Help your insureds with a Special Event Policy that won't put their homeowners policy through a workout. Let Grand General help you out. We have policies for over 100 different types of special events. These are stand-alone policies which can be customized and specialized. Most of them are admitted products in the states in which we write.
- Graduation Parties/Open Houses
- Egg Hunts
- Car Shows
- Class/Family Reunions
- Motorcycle Runs
- Dog/Cat Shows
- Craft Fairs
- Beer Festivals
- And Many More
Some available PRODUCT ADVANTAGES include:
- Separate limits for general liability and liquor liability.
- Automatic coverage for volunteers, temporary or leased workers and committee members.
- Property owner can be included as an additional insured at no additional charge.
- Optional coverages for waiver of subrogation and primary/non-contributory wording.
- Set-up and take-down coverage available for all events that include general liability.
- Rain date coverage available for events rescheduled due to inclement weather.
- Coverage for damage to rented premises includes other perils in addition to fire.
- Coverage extends for events lasting past midnight for no additional premium.
- General liability deductible is $0.
- Liquor liability deductible is $0.
For more information please check out our Special Events Product listed under Commercial Lines.
Who's ready for Spring and all the fun that comes with it? Let Grand General help you have happy insureds this spring.
It is finally time to say good bye to Old Man Winter and usher in Spring and all the fun activities and events that go along with it!
Just like we have our "must haves" for spring wardrobes, make sure your insureds have their "must have" stand alone policies this season!
Send us your:
- Collector Vehicle
- Boats - from dinghy to yachts
- Personal Watercraft
- Travel Trailer
- Motor Home
- Seasonal Rental
- Special Event (Expanded Availability!)
- Street Vendors
- Merchandise Trucks
- Food Trucks
- Flea or Farmers Market Operations
Multiple carriers, most are admitted.
All carriers have a minimum A.M. Best rating of "A-Excellent".
Call Grand General today 800-869-2022 and speak to a licensed underwriter.